Atlanta Film Festival New Blog Home

Twitter Updates

Friday, July 18, 2008

My Dark Knight Prediction

"That's unprecedented," said Harry Medved, spokesman for advance online-ticket seller Fandango.

Medved says that by noon Pacific on Thursday, Fandango had sold out 1,200 showings of the film by itself. It was on its way to beating the old record for advance sellouts set by "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" in 2005.

Fandango officials believe "Dark Knight" could bring the company its biggest single day in ticket sales on Friday, eclipsing "Sith" and "Spider-Man 3." "Knight" accounted for 94% of all Fandango's ticket sales by early Thursday.

Market Watch Piece


Of everyone in the office, I'm the most bullish when it comes to my predictions. I'm almost always over by $5 to 10 million. I'm probably going to be way over on this one as well, but I'm going to guess (putting hand to forehead) that The Dark Knight is on it's way to a $165 million dollar haul. I would predict The Bat could be the first film in history to nearly touch the $200 million dollar ceiling, but at 2 1/2 hours, that's near impossible. Somewhere, some idiot suit is upset that they didn't butcher the hell out of The Dark Knight to get a running time under 2 hours, you can trust me on that one.

No comments: